Dental Extractions Cary, NC
At Zen Triangle Dentistry, our mission is to preserve our patients’ natural teeth. While we strive to avoid tooth extraction whenever possible, certain conditions may make removal of a tooth the most effective option for restoring your oral health to an optimal function. In many cases, avoiding removal of a damaged tooth will only lead to more extensive and painful dental issues down the road. Contact the staff at Zen Triangle Dentistry for extractions Cary, NC.
Dental Extractions Causes
Situations that may lead to an extraction include:
- A tooth infection from decay that doesn’t respond to root canal treatment
- A tooth that is severely damaged from trauma and beyond repair with dental crowns or fillings
- Overcrowded teeth that need removed to make room for orthodontic treatment
By removing the affected tooth, you can prevent the spread of decay and infection; improve misalignment or crowding issues; and ultimately relieve pain while restoring function to your smile. We also offer Wisdom Teeth Extractions in our Cary office.
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Our dentist and staff strive to create a comfortable experience before, during and after your extraction procedure. When performed by our experienced dental professionals, a tooth extraction is nothing to be feared. In fact, many patients experience tooth pain prior to the extraction, but the actual extraction procedure is virtually painless and actually helps alleviate discomfort caused by the impaired tooth.
The entire extraction process is typically quick and easy — starting with digital X-rays to assess the location and position of the affected tooth. During the procedure, our dentist will first give you a local anesthetic to numb your mouth. With the anesthetic in effect, you can relax during the procedure without experiencing pain. Dr. Vaghani will carefully remove the tooth using a special instrument, and gauze will be placed into the empty socket to control bleeding and prevent clots.
Care After a Tooth Extraction
Following the procedure, we will provide you with detailed post-treatment care instructions that will help prevent infection and promote proper healing at home. Recovery time for tooth removal is brief, and most patients typically return to normal activities within a few days.
- Continue to brush and floss your teeth to prevent infection, being careful to avoid the extraction site for the first couple of days.
- Do not drink from a straw or rinse the mouth for the first 24 hours in order to allow a proper blood clot to form.
- Avoid smoking, as this increases the risk for infection.
- Follow a liquid or soft diet such as pudding, ice cream, soup and mashed potatoes for the first couple of days after the extraction. As the extraction site heals, gradually add solid foods to your diet.
- Elevate your head with pillows when lying down, as lying flat may prolong bleeding.
- Avoid strenuous activity and physical activity to prevent dislodging the clot.
- Use a cold compress and dentist-recommend pain medication as directed to alleviate discomfort and swelling.
Follow-up appointments may be necessary to monitor healing or to discuss natural-looking permanent tooth replacement options, such as dental implants.
Tooth Extractions in Cary, NC
At Zen Triangle Dentistry, we understand that circumstances may occur requiring the removal of a tooth to preserve overall oral health. Fortunately, extracting a tooth today is a straightforward procedure that can save you a lot of time, pain and money in the long run. If you have ever asked yourself, “Where can I find tooth extraction near me?” then you have come to the right place! To learn more about teeth pulling in Cary, NC, or to schedule a visit, contact our office today by calling 919-465-0799.
Schedule your dental extraction appointment Now
At Zen Triangle Dentistry our trained staff and dentist can help you choose the right cosmetic options to help you find your smile.