Emergency Dentist Cary, NC
Dental emergencies in Cary occur at the most inconvenient times, and getting prompt treatment can mean the difference between losing or saving a tooth. Whenever you need an emergency Dentist in Cary, Zen Triangle Dentistry is here for you, providing emergency care outside our regular business hours any time our patients need it. When your dental health is at risk, you can rest assured that we’ll work with you to ensure you get the prompt treatment you need to minimize discomfort and reduce the chance of further damage to your gums and teeth. Contact Zen Triangle Dentistry when you need a emergency dentist Cary, NC.
Emergency Dental Care
When to Seek Emergency Dental Care
When is it time to call your Cary emergency dentist? Here’s a look at how you should deal with common dental emergencies:
- Chipped, cracked or broken teeth: Immediately rinse your mouth using warm water and apply a cold compress to the face. Call your emergency dentist immediately. If the tooth was chipped or broken, wrap the fragment in a wet towel or wet gauze and bring it with you to your dentist.
- Toothache: If you start having tooth pain, it’s an emergency. Call your dentist right away to make sure you get prompt emergency care.
- Knocked-out or loosened tooth: If a trauma knocks out a tooth or loosens a tooth, you’ll need to see an emergency dentist as soon as possible. If the tooth is completely knocked out, gently insert it back into the socket and avoid touching the root of the tooth.
- Mouth trauma: If there’s trauma to the mouth that caused excessive bleeding, damage to teeth and gums, or a broken jaw, you need emergency care.
- Swelling or abscess: If you notice swelling around a tooth along with pain, you could have a dental abscess. A dentist may need to drain the tooth to reduce pain and you may require further treatment, so seek emergency care.
Emergency Dentist Appointments
If you’re experiencing a dental problem and believe you need emergency treatment, call our office right away! If it’s after hours, leave a message with our answering service. Your information will be passed onto one of our dentists who will give you a call promptly and help you determine if immediate care is needed. If you require care straightaway, you will be asked to come to the office, and we will see you even after our regular business hours. In other cases, our dentist may ask you to come in as soon as the office opens the next day to be treated.
Emergency Dental Aftercare
At your emergency appointment, our dentists will provide you with aftercare guidelines that you need to follow to help ensure healing. These instructions vary from person to person but may include activity restrictions for several days. You may also be prescribed medications as you heal and it’s important to take any medications exactly as prescribed by your emergency dentist. After your emergency appointment at Zen Triangle Dentistry, we’ll usually set you up with a second appointment, so we can complete any additional treatments and check on your progress.
Dental Emergencies and Insurance
While many major dental insurance companies offer some coverage for dental emergencies, the procedures covered by insurance may vary from plan to plan. We’re happy to work with both you and your insurance company to get the best possible coverage. However, even if your insurance won’t cover emergency dentistry, we want to make sure that you get proper emergency dental care. We take multiple payment options and can connect you with a financing plan to help you get the emergency care you need.
Schedule your emergency dentist appointment Now
At Zen Triangle Dentistry our trained staff and dentist can help you choose the right cosmetic options to help you find your smile.