Zen Triangle Dentistry is the place to go for dental implants in Cary, NC. If you’ve been looking for a solution to tooth loss, dental implants may be an excellent choice for you. Having missing teeth can be embarrassing and replacing them isn’t just an aesthetic concern — it’s also essential to your oral and overall health. Here’s a closer look at how implants can help.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is actually a replacement not just for your tooth, but also for your tooth’s root. As a foundation for permanent replacement teeth, implants are anchored to your gums like natural teeth. They’re placed in the area where you’re missing a tooth or teeth and help to preserve bone deterioration that often follows tooth loss. Implants help to:
- Increase or restore oral aesthetics
- Restore your mouth to optimal function
- Prrevent complications that can occur from missing teeth
- Stabilize the surrounding gum tissue, bone and teeth
Benefits of Dental Implants
Why consider dental implants in Cary? Here are just a few of the benefits they provide:
- Improved speech — Since implants won’t slip around in your mouth like dentures, you’ll be able to speak clearly.
- Better comfort and convenience — Implants are comfortable and convenient. They become a part of you, so you don’t need to worry about removing them like you would dentures.
- Natural appearance — You’ll love that implants provide a natural appearance. They feel and look like real teeth.
- Improved oral health — Implants can be a great for your oral health because you don’t need to alter other teeth for support as you do with bridges. Implants also make it easier to clean your teeth, which can improve your oral hygiene.
- Easy chewing and eating — Dentures can slide around and make it tough to eat. Since implants function just like natural teeth, you’ll enjoy eating again.
- Durable and long-lasting — Implants are an investment, but they’re durable and long-lasting. If you take good care of them, they can last a lifetime.
What to Expect With Dental Implant Treatment
It generally takes a few appointments to complete dental implant treatment. The site needs to be prepared, then the implant will be placed into your bone with a special healing cap. Next, the site needs to heal so it offers a stable footing for the replacement tooth.
When the site is completely healed and ready, the crown (new tooth) can be placed. Once that is accomplished and the implant is complete, you’ll enjoy the optimal shape and function of your new tooth while the implant protects, stabilizes and preserves your surrounding tissue.
Caring for Your Implants
Maintaining good oral health is always important and once your implants are in place, it’s essential to care for them properly to ensure their success and longevity. Caring for your implants is very similar to caring for natural teeth.
You’ll need to brush your dental implants just like you do your natural teeth. Brush both below and at the gum line. You also need to floss or use an interdental brush between teeth and implants.
With regular brushing and flossing, you can prevent plaque buildup. This is critical because plaque buildup has the potential to cause gum inflammation. This can result in implant-related gum disease that, if not treated, could result in the loss of your implant.
Why Choose Zen Triangle Dentistry?
Zen Triangle Dentistry specializes in implant dentistry in Cary, NC. We’re dedicated to offering the latest technology, state-of-the-art facilities and dental professionals who treat you like family. If you’re ready to replace a missing tooth or teeth, call Zen Triangle Dentistry at 919-465-0799 or schedule your appointment online. We’ll help you determine if implants are a good choice for your needs.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Or schedule an appointment online.